Enlarge any chart by clicking on it.

Unless otherwise specified, ALWAYS use the 15min chart to enter my recommended plays because
CONFIRMATION is a MUST.
In other words, you need to see a 15min candlestick that CLOSES beyond
the entry point, then enter when it moves 10cents after the high/low of that candlestick.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

SPX

Tomorrow is ex-dividend day for SPY. That is, it will be committed to pay out a dividend at some future date (January 30th, 2015). But it will be reflected on the chart tomorrow. SPY ex-dividend date is always on the 3rd Friday of March, June, September and December. I usually don't remember until I see a funny looking chart that is not in line with SPX on that Friday. It is never a pleasant site because it destroys my setups and plans for that Friday, and always leaves me confused. So I decided to put a reminder note just to be aware (not that it makes any difference) so as to post SPX-15MIN chart instead.
The ex-dividend is 94 or 97cents/share. This means that every price point tomorrow will be adjusted lower by 0.94 or 0.97. So expect SPY to appear as if a gap down occurred (unless it the market starts with a decent gap up).

SPX-DAILY IV


SPX-DAILY III


SPX-DAILY II


SPX-DAILY I


SPX-30MIN


SPY-15MIN


SPX-15MIN