Enlarge any chart by clicking on it.

Unless otherwise specified, ALWAYS use the 15min chart to enter my recommended plays because
CONFIRMATION is a MUST.
In other words, you need to see a 15min candlestick that CLOSES beyond
the entry point, then enter when it moves 10cents after the high/low of that candlestick.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

SPX

MARKET PSYCHOLOGY:
Usually when Mr. Bernanke speaks, the market tends to drop and reverses halfway into the speech or after the speech (just like what happened today).
I have a bad habit of checking the economic calendar in the morning of the trading day. I did not realize he was speaking otherwise I would have posted this comment yesterday for trading today (for daytraders). I'm not just staying crap after the fact but what my experience has been with Mr. Bernanke and the market.
Tomorrow is another day for Mr. Bernanke, so expect a similar pattern tomorrow. But given that today was the main event (I believe), I do not know if it will have the same psychological impact. But don't get caught looking down if the market starts dropping early.
Note that this is just an opinion and for entertainment, So I really don't care if works out as expected. As a matter of fact, I think the market will open at the lows and close at the highs for a big up day if it moves >1365. This is also just an opinion.

SPX-DAILY II


SPX-DAILY I


SPX-30MIN LONGER TIMEFRAME


SPX-30MIN SHORTER TIMEFRAME


SPX-5MIN