Enlarge any chart by clicking on it.

Unless otherwise specified, ALWAYS use the 15min chart to enter my recommended plays because
CONFIRMATION is a MUST.
In other words, you need to see a 15min candlestick that CLOSES beyond
the entry point, then enter when it moves 10cents after the high/low of that candlestick.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

AAPL, AMZN, BIDU, FB, GOOG, GS, MA, QQQ, SPX. SPY

I got caught up with Fiscal Cliff not realizing today was FOMC Day. I usually post a comment of caution the day before the report, but failed to do so yesterday because I didn't notice it was scheduled for today since FOMC Announcements are usually on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
Nothing would have changed on my charts but I would have pointed it out because every play made before the report is aggressive since SPX (and the market) tend to be choppy while maintaining the (narrow) range made in the first 30mins till after the report. So the approach for trading today would have been different i.e either entering after the report or stop adjusted just prior to the report.
See AMZN, FAS, GOOG & SPY (plays the reached their entry points) for reason why intraday stops needed to be adjusted before the FOMC Report if the (aggressive) play was taken.
Initially, I associated the boring price action during the first half of the day with the big move yesterday since the market tends to take a breather after big moves (although that likely contributed more to it). It was later I noticed the market was waiting for something.

AAPL-15MIN


AMZN-15MIN


BIDU-15MIN


FAS-15MIN


FB-15MIN


GOOG-15MIN


GS-15MIN


MA-15MIN


QQQ-15MIN


SPX-DAILY 4


SPX-DAILY 3


SPX-DAILY 2


SPX-DAILY 1


SPX-30MIN II


SPX-30MIN I


SPY-5MIN