Enlarge any chart by clicking on it.

Unless otherwise specified, ALWAYS use the 15min chart to enter my recommended plays because
CONFIRMATION is a MUST.
In other words, you need to see a 15min candlestick that CLOSES beyond
the entry point, then enter when it moves 10cents after the high/low of that candlestick.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

NFLX, SPX

Ciena (CIEN) earnings preview:
Reports on Thursday before the open. Fundamentally it is 8.5 out of 10 (bullish). Also, it beat earnings and revenue five of the last six quarters. For the nine quarters prior, it beat earnings and revenue only three and four times respectively. So the company is turning things around for the better. It doesn't mean it is now a better company. I'm only talking about earnings and revenue performance as compared to expectations.
Technically it is bullish. See chart below.
I will buy October Calls tomorrow.

Verifone (PAY) earnings preview:
Reports on Thursday before the open. Fundamentally it is 7.5 - 8 out of 10. Also, of the last fifteen quarters, it beat earnings twelve times, with two in line and one miss. It also beat revenue eleven of the last fourteen quarters (one data is not available and the last miss was five quarters ago). It also has a history of raising guidance (and has done so the last three quarters).
Technically it is more bullish than bearish.
So I will buy October Calls.

Joy Global (JOY) earnings preview:
Reports on Thursday before the open. Fundamentally it is 1 to 2 out of 10 (very bearish).
Technically it is more bearish.
So based on the fundamentals and technicals, it is bearish for the earnings report but I will not play it because:
1) The risk-reward ratio. The downside target is not big enough compared to the spreads.
2) I have better alternatives in CIEN and PAY. If they were not reporting the same time as JOY, I would have considered taking the trade. So I will stay away from it. I have it here just for learning purpose since I put in the time in trying to figure it out.

CIEN-DAILY


PAY-DAILY


JOY-DAILY


NFLX-DAILY


NFLX-15MIN


SPX-DAILY IV


SPX-DAILY III


SPX-DAILY II


SPX-DAILY I


SPX-30MIN


SPY-15MIN