Enlarge any chart by clicking on it.

Unless otherwise specified, ALWAYS use the 15min chart to enter my recommended plays because
CONFIRMATION is a MUST.
In other words, you need to see a 15min candlestick that CLOSES beyond
the entry point, then enter when it moves 10cents after the high/low of that candlestick.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

FB, SPX

FACEBOOK REPORTS AFTER THE CLOSE TOMORROW:
The fundamentals look strong. I will give it 9 out of 10. Also, it has beaten earnings the last four quarters (and six out of the last seven).
On the technical side, there is nothing special (bullish or bearish). It just wants to continue higher to retest the all-time high of 72.59 (currently at 69.27). So I will give the technicals to the bulls just because you can't fight the trend. But the problem with the technicals is that FB has been on a run since May. This makes it difficult for the bulls going into earnings as it limits the upside potential due to lack of new buyers especially after the run up the past two weeks.
So, based on the technicals and fundamentals, I believe it will go up to retest the high at 72.59 even if it disappoints on earnings tomorrow. I don't see any big drop happening without retesting the high. I also don't see any big gap up occurring beyond 72.50. Thursday is likely going to be like any other day except for increased volatility in the stock. But if it gaps up to 72.50ish, we are likely going to see short-sellers come in and push it lower for the day but without closing the gap i.e an up day but red candlestick. It will then continue lower for a few days till the gap is filled.
I don't think I will play it. It will depend on my mood. My focus since earnings started has been AMZN which reports on Thursday after the close. I will post the review tomorrow. Another stock I will be looking to play is BIDU which also reports after the close on Thursday.
I will close my AAPL position tomorrow if it doesn't make a move (but I still believe it will reach 100 soon). I'm not interested in stocksitting. I will rather take the money and buy FB Calls, with the hope of closing it in the early part of the day on Thursday if it opens at 72.50ish.

FB-WEEKLY


SPX-DAILY VI


SPX-DAILY V


SPX-DAILY IV


SPX-DAILY III


SPX-DAILY II


SPX-DAILY I


SPX-30MIN


SPY-15MIN