Enlarge any chart by clicking on it.

Unless otherwise specified, ALWAYS use the 15min chart to enter my recommended plays because
CONFIRMATION is a MUST.
In other words, you need to see a 15min candlestick that CLOSES beyond
the entry point, then enter when it moves 10cents after the high/low of that candlestick.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

AAPL, APC, IWM, LNKD, TWTR, SPX

SCTY EARNINGS PREVIEW:
Reports after the close tomorrow. Fundamentally I will score it at 6 to 6.5 out of 10. (The bad data is horrible.) I will not consider it bullish given that it is below 7.5. On the other hand, the score is high to consider it bearish. So the fundamentals are neither bullish nor bearish.
Technically, it is bullish. See SCTY-DAILY below.
Finally, based on the fundamentals and technicals, I'm reluctantly bullish due to lack of clear direction from the fundamentals. This is a difficult play to make especially given that SCTY always makes huge moves after reporting. So there is no room for error. Being on the wrong side will be painful.
I will buy October Call options going into the report. Playing Straddle or Strangle would have been a good alternative given that I'm reluctantly bullish. But the problem is that the bid-ask spreads are not good otherwise I would have played Strangle i.e buy in-the-money (ITM) Calls and out-of-the-money (OTM) Puts. So I will go with ITM Calls only.
I will review it again. If I decide to do something else I will post it any time before 3:30pm ET tomorrow. It really needs an in-depth review which I'm not able to do now.

SCTY-DAILY


AAPL-15MIN


APC-15MIN


IWM-DAILY


IWM-15MIN


LNKD-WEEKLY


LNKD-DAILY


LNKD-15MIN


TWTR-15MIN


SPX-DAILY III


SPX-DAILY II


SPX-DAILY I


SPX-30MIN


SPY-15MIN