Enlarge any chart by clicking on it.

Unless otherwise specified, ALWAYS use the 15min chart to enter my recommended plays because
CONFIRMATION is a MUST.
In other words, you need to see a 15min candlestick that CLOSES beyond
the entry point, then enter when it moves 10cents after the high/low of that candlestick.

Monday, August 25, 2014

GOOGL, SLB, TSLA, TWTR, SPX

ANALOG DEVICES EARNINGS PREVIEW:
ADI reports tomorrow after the close. Fundamentally it is 8 out of 10. Bullish.
Technically it is more bullish than bearish.
If I had to make a play, I will go with October Calls. The problem is that the bid-ask spreads are not good. At the moment my focus is TIF. If get what I want from TIF intraday tomorrow, I will likely not bother with ADI (or take a smaller position). I will also like to see ADI move up intraday tomorrow. If that does not happen I will stay away.

TIFFANY EARNINGS PREVIEW:
TIF reports Wednesday before the open. Fundamentally it is 6 to 7 out of 10. So it is borderline bullish (my cutoff point is 7).
Technically it looks very bullish due to pattern repetition as seen on TIF-DAILY chart.
So based on fundamentals and technicals, I will be buying October Calls.
I will monitor how it acts on Tuesday to be certain with my decision. I'm hoping to see a big down day going to the report.

I will post a message 30mins before the close if I decide not to take any or both of the trades.

ADI-DAILY


TIF-DAILY


GOOGL-15MIN


SLB-DAILY


TSLA-15MIN


TWTR-DAILY


TWTR-15MIN


SPX-DAILY IV


SPX-DAILY III


SPX-DAILY II


SPX-DAILY I


SPY-15MIN